How to Remove Write Protection from SD Card : Many people have been asking me from a while about Removing write Protection from SD card so in my today’s tutorial I’ll be teaching you how you can remove write protection from sd card. Also check upon how to remove shortcut virus from pc.
UPDATE (24th August, 2016): We have updated this article with completely new methods to Remove write protection error. Please VISIT HERE –> External Link
Well, sometimes it may happen that you’re just not able to format your device or SD card or memory card in your windows pc and I know it sucks. Its because of write protection error something similar to the image shown above. No its not your Micro SD card‘s fault its just a simple windows error which can be fixed by simple manipulation.
How to Remove Write Protection from SD Card ?
See there are 3 steps which are very simple and easy to do and even a 5th grade kid can do it so don’t panic and it isn’t a rocket science to sd card write protected issue.
How to Remove write protection from USB Pen drive ?
Removing write protection from pen drive and removing write protection from micro sd card is one an the same so you can use the same method to remove write protection from both.
Solution 1: Check if your Pen Drive have a lock
Sometimes it may happen that by default the pen drive have a lock so before formatting it please make sure that your pen drive don’t have any kind of security pin or lock and if it is there then make sure to remove it or use it while formatting your micro sd card or pen drive.
Solution 2: Scan your SD Card / Pen Drive via Anti Virus
Make sure your Micro SD card and your pen drive isn’t have any anti virus and if they do make sure to remove it using any anti virus and if you don’t have any anti virus in your computer then download a free anti virus such as AVG Anti virus and scan your SD card or Pen drive before using it and before formatting it in order to avoid getting write protection error.
You can get best prices for Anti-Virus if you buy from Ebay.in using these Ebay Coupons
Solution 3: Fix it with System Registry
The 3rd best way to solve this contagious issue is by fixing it via system registry and in order to do that you need to get inside the system registry. Just follow the below steps.
- Click on Start
- Run > type Regedit > click on Registry Editor
- Now follow up this fath in Registry Editor
- Now you’ll able to see write protection option just click on that.
- And change the value data to “o”.
- voila you’re done!
Update (7th February, 2016) Solution 4: Open Diskpart to remove write protection from Memory Card/USB Drive
As many people told me that the above solution 3 isn’t working I’ve come up with one more method in order to remove write protection error from Memory Card or USB Drive. Follow the steps as I’ve have mentioned below.
- Click on Start > search for CMD > Right click and Run as Administrator.
- Now type “diskpart” in CMD without quotes and press the enter button.
- Now after doing this type “list disk” (without quotes) and once again press enter button.
- Now tyle “Select disk 1” in order to select your SD Card or USB drive and press enter button.
- Now in order to remove write protection error type “attributes disk clear readonly” without quotes and press the enter button.
- Now type exit to complete the process and you’re done!
- Now just try to format your Micro SD Card or USB drive you won’t be seeing any write protection popup error.
Update (10th February, 2016): We’ve been getting lots of comments that you’re not able to fix the write protection error still. Do not worry, we are still trying to figure out another process which may work. Please bookmark this page for further updates.
This should fix and remove write protection from micro sd card now and you’ll be able to format your sd card or pendrive.
I’d hope you liked our How to Remove Write Protection from SD Card article. Let us know if you have any doubts or any questions regarding this issue in the comment section below. We’re here to help 🙂